Running lyx-2.3.6.1 on Slackware64-14.2 linux.

When I push a multi-author bibliographic citation from JabRef-5.1 sometimes
it displays with all the author's names, sometimes with first author's name
and 'et al.' See attached image.

In both cases, looking at the Settings -> Citation Style -> formatting I'm
presented with variants of the displayed citation, and not both types.

I don't recall having this problem before. Looking at a couple of documents
with bibliographic citations, all multi-author citations are of the '... et
al.' type.

Here's a different one from a report written a couple of months ago. See
second attachment (citation-style.png). Notice that the citation is a pair
of question marks (and all variants of that are the only display options)
while the citation (Langless2000) is what should be displayed.

How can I clean up both of these documents so they properly display
citations?

Rich