On Thu, 13 Jul 2023, Herbert Voss wrote:

LyX itself uses the et.al. only for more than _three_ authors, which looks
like a bug to me. It should recognize for biblatex the setting of the
above option field.

HHerbert,

I agree. (And all options in the Citation Style section does the trick.)

Seeing, in the LyX document itself, both et al. and all three author names
troubled me. Yesterday I read part of TLC3/II chapter 15 on bibliographic
styles and could not identify which of the many options I needed; hadn't
made it to chapte 16 on citation styles.

Best regards,

Rich