marvin> I lost the orginal mail so this is shorter.

marvin> Being systematic, I tried ALL the files (15?) in the templates
marvin> using open|template.

marvin> These failed showing errors on loading or when printing.

marvin> IEEEtran.lyx aa.lyx aastex.lyx docbook_template.lyx latex8.lyx
marvin> revtex.lyx revtex4.lyx

Looking at these, I thik it just mean that you do not have the latex
classes relevant for these examples (as the error message probably
said in its own way).

I think that, if you do not know what they are good for (special
classes for submitting articles to scientific journals, plus docbook
support), then you do not need them.

JMarc