Jean-Marc Lasgouttes writes:

> marvin> Before anyone jumps all over me, it`s 'new from template'
>
> Why should we be jumping at you? Don't be paranoid :)
>
> JMarc

I guess having had e-mail since 1986 and been through usenet in the
eighties and early ninties, mailing lists for the past 8 years or so and
using linux/bsd for Five years, I`ve seen too much.  There is always
someone who likes to jump on people when they make a mistake.  Human
nature...perhaps...shrugs.

Considering the size of the latex and lyx packages, I would have thought
the classes for the available templates would be installed by default.
Especially as there are only 15 templates.

Perhaps this is the wrong package for me.  I was looking for a multi-format
package (instead of several packages) that could do letters, reports, docs,
man pages, howto`s etc and I could have an output option for html, pdf, ps,
etc.

For some reason, latex/lyx kept coming up as a solution.