Am 14 Feb 2002 16:40:01 +0100 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> marvin> Being systematic, I tried ALL the files (15?) in the templates
> marvin> using open|template.
> marvin> These failed showing errors on loading or when printing.
>
> marvin> IEEEtran.lyx aa.lyx aastex.lyx docbook_template.lyx latex8.lyx
> marvin> revtex.lyx revtex4.lyx
>
> Looking at these, I thik it just mean that you do not have the latex
> classes relevant for these examples (as the error message probably
> said in its own way).
>
> I think that, if you do not know what they are good for (special
> classes for submitting articles to scientific journals, plus docbook
> support), then you do not need them.

As this question comes up every now and then (and as it is not very nice for
a novice trying out LyX to get a lot of error messages):

Could we
  move the "nonstandard" templates (i.e. the ones that belong to a
  class that does not come with teTex/mikTeX or LyX) to a special directory

  or add a line in every of these: In order to compile this template, you
  need the LaTeX package XXX that is not part of teTeX/mikTeX but can be
  found at CTAN.)

  or (maybe even better) drop them from the standard LyX distribution?

  I'd prefer to see them in a Templates and Layouts section of the LyX
  homepage. (And I'd also contribute some Templates and Layouts to this
  section).

Guenter

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]