On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Holger Warm wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 05 April 2002 um 22:26:11 CEST, schrieb Dr. Louis A. Turk:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am considering purchasing SUSE Linux  8.0 Professional when it come out
> > this month.  It is supposed to come with Lyx, and is supposed to be easy to
> > install.  Since I know very little about Linux, I am hoping that Lyx will
> > work right off without a lot of configuring which I might not know how to
> > do.  Does anyone out there have experience with Lyx on SUSE Linux?  Am I on
> > the right track?  Would some other version of Linux be better for running
> > Lyx?
>
> I'm working with Suse and there isn't any problem with lyx, it works fine.
> Nevertheless I'll change to debian soon as well, as I really think the apt-get is
>the best thing to
> update your system. No more dependency-problems that I'm really sick of.
>
> Holger

I'm working also with SuSE (6.0) for my thesis up to now...and I didn't
yet find a problem ..everything is OK ...

ABe
======        http://rumputlaut.n3.net/          =======
Universitaet Bremen, Meeresbotanik AG Kirst (Zi.A2200)
FB2, Leobenerstr/NW2, 28359 Bremen. Telp. 0421-3795777
milis: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.forum-indojerman.de/