On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Radwan JALAM wrote:

> Replace the "qqqqqq" with \hphantom{xxxx}
>
> regards,

I'm not sure it will be so easy to use in LyX (a quick test failed here,
but I didn't investigate).

A simple (but less elegant, I agree) method is to put in the enumerate
environment, somewhere before the first paragraph to be indented :
        \setlength{\parindent}{5mm}
or whatever length you want. List environment set \parindent to 0, you saw
that already ;-)

        - remark : if LaTeX behave this way, this may be because of some
typographic uses. Maurizio, do you really want to do that ?

Alain

P.S. Salut, Radwan. Je serais curieux de voir le chemin suivi par nos
messages ;-)
 *        Alain Castera                                            *
 * IPNL - UCB Lyon 1             | e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
 * Bat. Paul Dirac               |      or        [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
 * Campus de la Doua             | Telephone :     (+33) 472448429 *
 * F69622 Villeurbanne CEDEX     | Fax :           (+33) 472448004 *