On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:53:54PM +0200, Udo Müller wrote:

> So I caught it from the Web and unzipped it into
> /usr/local/lib, then I linked it into /lib and
> /usr/lib.

Dont do this, you are likely to mess up your system.

> The result was the same, nothing worked, as I
> installed it against the advice of RPM. Has anybody a
> solution or does anybody happend the same problem?

get the .src.rpm then :

rpm --rebuild lyx-1.2.1.src.rpm

then instsall the binary in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS

(and perhaps you could send back the 7.3 RPM for our ftp site)

regards
john

--
"Take the ideas you find useful. Try not to get hung up on the labels."
        - Jonathan S. Shapiro