Thursday 19 September 2002 12:23, skreiv Gnr:
> I have a question about the spellchecking.
> I write a Swedish document and when I use the word "telephonequeue" (I do
> some translation here) which consists of the words "telephone" and "queue",
> and start the spell checking in lyx I get suggestions about
> "telephone-queue" and  "telephone queue".
> I can't see if it is spelled wrong or if the spell checker just want to
> tell me that there are two other spellings of the word??
>
> "telephonequeue" is the correct spelling, as far as my knowledge in Swedish
> goes...
>
> When I do
> ispell -d svenska -C -L -b -S example_file.txt

man ispell:
  -C     Consider run-together words as legal compounds.

Lyx does not run ispell with this option, because then "thespelling" would be
considered as a correct word.

> it does not find "telephonequeue" to be wrong...
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this?
> I guess the spellchecker just want to give me options...

I suggest that you use aspell instead. Aspell is much better for compound
words. Or you can talk to your maintainer of the Swedish ispell dictionary
and ask him/her to include "telephonequeue" as a legal word.

Ingar
--
Ingar Pareliussen               tlf:73 55 12 89
Du2-185