On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Jean-Pierre.Chretien wrote:

> Are you SURE that a failure of dvi with a pdftex option either global
> or local to a package is a LyX or a (La)TeX bug ?

No, the only thing I know is that the LyX window stops responding, and
that either the lyx process, or the latex process consumes 98% cpu -
but to me it looks like they're stuck in a loop...

> Up to my understanding, pdftex option is needed to get hypertext pdf,
> I don't see why dvi shouls be considered there

I would certainly accept getting an error when trying dvi, but not that
LyX hangs...  btw, it also hangs if I try to do View PDF

> (and moreover, tex2pdf avoids your fightings with hyperref in the
> document).
>
> Maybe I misunderstood the problem ? If it comes from the use of pdftex/hyperref,
> check your versions first (if anterior to feb 2001, upgrade).

I installed a later teTeX (beta), with pdftex 1.00b-pretest-20020211
and get the same behaviour.

It's very Windowish they way LyX hangs now :)

/C

--
Christian Ridderström                      http://www.md.kth.se/~chr