Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"Richard" == Richard A Bilonick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Richard> Andre Poenitz wrote:

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 03:20:07PM +0100, Norbert Stribeck wrote:

Now LyX 1.2.1 works fine (even xdvi and PDF output), but I do not
even see graphics sporadically any more. Instead I get an error
message in each graphics box telling me that the conversion into a
display format failed. In fact, the message is in German and reads
"Fehler bei der Konvertierung in ein darstellbares Format"

Try to install ImageMagick and run Edit->Reconfigure

Andre'

Richard> To what format does the eps file have to be converted so that
Richard> it will display in LyX? I am able to display the eps file
Richard> that Myriam Abramson "(help with graphics", 11/17/02 04:39
Richard> pm) uploaded. But lyx cannot seem to handle eps files from R.
Richard> I am attaching one example for people to try. I would like to
Richard> know if LyX can render this eps - my LyX 1.2.1 doesn't.

It works fine for me with 1.2.2cvs, in two different environments:

- redhat 7.1, xforms 0.89.5, ImageMagick 5.2.7, ghostscript 7.0

- tru64 4.0f, xforms 0.88.1, ImageMagick 3.7.8, ghostscript 7.0

Do you still have this problem if the file name does not contain
multiple dots?

JMarc

Removing the extra periods allows the graphic to render. I hope this will be fixed eventually because it will be very inconvenient not to be able to use periods to make the file names more readable. With hundreds of files, it is difficult to keep track of them with dos-like names.

Thanks.

Rick B.