On Wednesday 26 February 2003 14:52, John Levon wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:47:55PM -0500, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:
> > I am using lyx 1.3.0 on a Solaris 8 Sparc system.  I moved to 1.3.0 from
> > 1.2.1.
>
> You forgot to mention what frontend you're using, or if you're using
> fontconfig etc.
>
> > Everything works fine, except that when I type $a \leq b$, LyX displays
> > "a . b", i.e. the \leq shows up like a dot.
>
> please create a document with only \leq in it. Then load it again after
> starting lyx as lyx -dbg any, and send me the entire output privately.
>
> > Similar problems happen with other symbols , e.g. \sim shows up as >>.
>
> You probably need  to install the latex-ttf-fonts as found on
> ftp.lyx.org
>
> btw, Dekel, you said you asked the fontconfig list about the pfb fonts,
> but I cannot find  your message in the archives. Did you do this ?
>
> regards
> john

I am having the same problem (on debian unstable wi/ qt frontend and qt 3.1).
I just installed latex-ttf-fonts, but it hasn't helped. They seem to be
installed properly -- they show up in xfontsel, and I can choose them as my
screen font in lyx -- but I am still not getting proper math symbols.

Nathan