John> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 12:14:21PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
John> wrote:
>> John, something that looks suspiscious is that
>> qfont_loader.C:addFontPath() does not return a success value, so it
>> is difficult to assess whether we have a font. Compare this to the
>> code in xfont_loader.C:addFontPath(). I do not see actually why the
>> logic in the two font loaders is so different in this regard.

John> It is QFontDatabase we rely on for checking if a font is
John> available, not any result from adding a font path (which is
John> useless if fontconfig is used). QFontDatabase is telling us we
John> have a font, but an attempt to use it failing.

I see this particular problem, and I am on a system where fontconfig
is _not_ used. We should make sure that this one works too...

JMarc