On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 11:23:57PM -0500, Nathan Weston wrote:

> The directory where the fonts were installed was not in my XftConfig. I was
> thrown off by the fact that  a) the fonts showed up in xfontsel, etc and  b)
> my other font directories are not listed there either (debian has some weird
> way of managing fonts, but it mostly works so I don't ask questions ;-)  )
>
> Anyway, adding the path for the latex-ttx fonts to XftConfig fixed the
> problem.

This still leaves us with the question why you ever got wrong symbols
(ie lyx/qt thought the fonts were available, when they are not) in the
first place. We've had a few people have that, but I do not know why.
When you don't have the fonts available, you *should* get "\alpha" in
red text, not some other symbol.

regards
john