On Thu, Aug 28, 2003, Kirk R. Wythers wrote:

> I would like to hear what lyx users (or latex users for that matter) do
> when a particular journal requires manuscripts be submitted as Microsoft
> Word documents. I have tried latex2rtf, but the result leaves so much
> additional re-formatting work (equations, figures, tables) to be done...

First, make sure that the journal _really_ requires Word.  Many will actually
accept formats not listed in the "instruction to authors" page. [I had one
case where the journal claimed to required Word, but their production
department was actually converting this to latex.]

Second, if you end up having to convert, be sure to register a complaint.
I've had publishers tell me that "no one is asking for latex support".

Third, you can try out some alternative converters listed here:

    http://tug.org/utilities/texconv/textopc.html

..good luck...dave case