>> I suspect that it needs qt, but qt seems not being in Mandrake
>> distribution. Where could I find it?

Nirmal> Yes, that rpm was built for the Qt version of LyX (as the name
Nirmal> of the rpm suggests).. you should be able to get qt3 from
Nirmal> rpmfind.net or you can download the source and compile it..
Nirmal> (try the former first, should be quicker and easier). If you
Nirmal> have urpmi sources setup under Mandrake, you can urpmi it too
Nirmal> (using 'urpmi qt3-common libqt3' .. I think these two should
Nirmal> do it, if not you may need to get libqt3-devel too).. (urpmi
Nirmal> is similar to the Debian apt-get)...

Nirmal, I think the problem is the lyx.spec has a dependency on "qt",
while mandrake provides "qt3". I think that you could/should replce in
lyx.spec the line
%define frontdep qt >= 2.2.1
with something like
%define frontdep qt3 >= 3.1.0

If you can do that, I'll be glad to replace the rpm

And in general, it would be nice if we could think of a way of putting
the right dependencies in the spec...

JMarc