John Coppens wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. It doesn't work though. Did you try to generate a
> PDF(latex) from the graph? The graph is always at the bottom (because of
> the white space above). I even tried to remove the line:
>
> %%DocumentMedia: Regular 595 841 0 () ()
>
> John
>
> Here are some more tests:
>
> 1) I modified the Bounding Box as above in the PS file and included it
> directly. Then even clipping doesn't work on the LyX screen. PDF has
> entire page.

Confirmed. My results are:

- display in lyx is ok if the bounding box is 0 0 454 454 and the
  %%DocumentMedia: line removed, regardless of the clip setting.
- ps output is likewise
- pdf output is likewise if dvipdfm or ps2pdf is used. If pdflatex is used,
  I get always the full page image.

I tested also with a different file and got correct results. Your file has
two problems:

1. It must start with %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0, not %!PS-Adobe-3.0, otherwise
lyx will not recognize it as eps but ps and therefore use ps2pdf and not
eps2pdf to convert it to pdf.

2. The commands

<<
/PageSize [595 841]
/ImagingBBox null
>> setpagedevice

should be removed. I don't know why they are there and when they are needed,
but if they are removed, epstopdf works correctly.

Georg