On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:52:52 +0200
Georg Baum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Confirmed. My results are:
>
> - display in lyx is ok if the bounding box is 0 0 454 454 and the
>   %%DocumentMedia: line removed, regardless of the clip setting.
> - ps output is likewise
> - pdf output is likewise if dvipdfm or ps2pdf is used. If pdflatex is
> used,
>   I get always the full page image.
>
> I tested also with a different file and got correct results. Your file
> has two problems:
>
> 1. It must start with %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0, not %!PS-Adobe-3.0,
> otherwise lyx will not recognize it as eps but ps and therefore use
> ps2pdf and not eps2pdf to convert it to pdf.

That was because the file I posted on my site was the original PS file -
not EPS.

> 2. The commands
>
> <<
> /PageSize [595 841]
> /ImagingBBox null
> >> setpagedevice

Probably same remark as above. I didn't remove them from the EPS files.

-----
Anyway, I've finally been able to get it done! I didn't have dvipdfm, so I
installed it (as pdflatex does not treat the EPSs correctly). Several
other items weren't installed either. I'll do a few tests in the next
days, and post a writeup of the results.

Thanks, Georg!

John

BTW: Throughout this experience I was confused (and amazed) by the (lack
of-) beginner's documentation for LyX. Most docs are based on previous
knowledge of TeX/LaTeX or other stuff. Configuration of the LyX converters
and viewers is not entirely intuitive... Is there some effort on the way
for a more complete installation/configuration manual?