Charles> Great. I think that Reconfigure and Preferences should be in
Charles> a Configuration Menu and not in the Tools Menu.

But that would mean one more menu for just two entries...

Charles> A nice usability enhancement for LyX 1.4 would be that when
Charles> you create a new document, you get a wizard to choose the
Charles> class of the document where we could put some explanations
Charles> about the different classes. I think that here the Word-style
Charles> Format->Document doesn't go well with the LateX paradigm
Charles> where it is important to make the right choice at the start.

Yes, we should at least merge the New... and New from template...
dialogs to do that. However, this does not mix well with using native
filedialogs.

Charles> For KWord we have this widget (see attached file 30 kb) when
Charles> you start the application (some people like it, other hate
Charles> it).

I have to say I do not like it much ;)

JMarc