G. Milde wrote:

> IMHO, sending a tmp-dir is not a very transparent solution.

True, but IHMO the best one currently available.

> If the publishers have a working LaTeX installation, they will want the
> *.tex source(s) + all included files (*.eps, *.bib, *.bst, ...).
>
> No need for *.aux, *.bbl, *.log, and all these auxiliary files -- these
> will be created at their site when they run latex.

True, but they won't hurt either.

> I would just use File>Export>Latex on the latest version and pack the
> tex-file together with the included files in an archive.

The problem is that you don't get the converted .eps figures with this
method. And I would never take the risk that something goes wrong when I
manually put the converted figures together at this stage where (hopefully)
every single letter of the whole book is at the right place. Of course if
all figures are in .eps format already and not converted by LyX this method
is fine.

The good news is that in LyX 1.4 Export->LaTeX will just work and also
export the converted images.

Georg