Hello,

What's the best way to configure printing in LyX on Windows?

I installed the very nice Win32 LyX port from
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/rareitsma/lyx/ on a Windows 2000 machine.  With a
little configuration, viewing the various outputs (DVI, PDF, etc.) works well.
Also, exporting to DVI, PDF, Postscript, etc. works well.  Applying liberal
guesswork, I have LyX configured to print to a printer on the network, but I
have no idea if it's an optimal configuration.

So far, all I did was, in Edit-->Preferences-->Outputs-->Printer:

1. Set "Printer name:" to my network printer share, "\\foobar\printer1"

2. Set "Spool prefix:" to use the Windows command-line printing function,
"print /D:"

When I choose File-->Print in LyX, I get LyX's basic print dialog box.  That's
ok--I don't mind--because it has pretty much all the print options I'd want.

However, most other print dialog boxes in Windows applications have some way to
bring up the print settings dialog box to access/change specific printer/driver
options right before printing.  Any way to achieve this in LyX?

Also, have I configured printing correctly?

In the LyX Preferences dialog box, what do these options mean?

"Adapt output"
"To printer:"
"Spool command:"

I looked for more info in the LyX "Customization.lyx" document, but details on
printing preferences were sparse.

Thanks!
Cheers,
David Ventimiglia