Ekkehart Schlicht wrote:

Hi,

if somebody has an example for the custom export
command, possibly together with a converter, this
would help me. I want to process a LaTeX output
with another program and thought
that the Custom Export thing might work, but I
always get the error message

"Windows cannot find '('. Make sure you typed the name
correctly and then try again."

regardless of what I do.

Thanks

Ekkehart

This appears to be partially broken in the Windows version. I get the same error message if I define the external program in the custom export dialog. However, if I define the external program in the preferences file, it works.

The following solution lets me export a file to Acrobat Reader (even if it's already open!). In the preferences file, add the line

\custom_export_command "acrord32 $$FName"

(and then restart close and reopen LyX, if it is already open, to get it to read the new preferences). Now, when you go to File->Export->Custom..., the command is already typed in. You still need to select PDF as the format of the file to passed to Acrobat Reader.

Hope that helps.

-- Paul