hello

i need to track changes between a couple of lyx documents.

the wiki page on change tracking confuses me:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/ChangeTrackingLyx1-3-2

where is the patch ? the link is not working:
http://members.shaw.ca/jkerrb/lyx-1.3.2-change_tracking.diff.bz2

should such contributed patches not reside on lyx ftp site ?

- or has it involved to
http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Tips/lyx-1.3.5-changebars.diff.bz2
?

moreover, what versions of lyx does this patch work with (besides the
obvious 1.3.2) ? is the way you apply patches dependant on the patch, or
would a link to a wiki-page on how to install patches be in order?

now, for my overall view of this wiki page: i find it quite confusing -
it is a copy-paste of the history of the patch and some irrelevant
considerations IMHO. and what is the business with the "change bars" -
what does "change bars" mean here ?

this could use some clean-up.

best regards

martin <- confused