This makes sense to me. A lot of the traffic on this list is caused by Windows-specific bugs and work arounds. Making the Windows pages more visible and easier to extract the desired information from would be a good thing IMO.

Of course, adding an automatic redirect to the new pages would be a cool
thing to do too :)

I have no problem with a separate wiki but:
If space is an issue then.....

A lot of the main page info still refers to both the 1.3.3 and 1.3.5 setups. I see no reason, now that version 1.3.5 appears to be stable on Win (with a few tweaks), why the page needs refer to 1.3.3 any longer - unless that is I'm told different. This would thin out a fair bit from the page.

Also losing the win98 setup page would not hurt since neither myself or the other regular win wiki page editors have kept this up to date (at least not in line with the XP 2000 page)

The graphics page also could head for the bin for much the same reason - it was a page I started with all good intentions of completing but.....

Other than that I (and no doubt others) are trimming the main setup page down as and when possible.

I guess with arrival of the awaited LyX 1.3.6 there will be no need for a win wiki anyway ;-)

Rob S

--

R D Saunders Hydraulic Research Group Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering University of Southampton UK