samar j. singh wrote:

In response to that stirring confidence, I have with great temerity setup Lyx on my windows laptop. Undoubtedly it is a great advance over Ruuards port, which was a great advance on the Cygwin altenative.

I have however the problem that when I set the viewer for pdflatex which lies within Program Files, the View > PDFlatex option comes up with an error message saying that it could not find the viewer in C:/Program. Hence, the file name appears to stop at the blank space.

Am I doing something wrong, and is there a workaround, if I am not?

Have already tried to put a shortcut to the C directory but it does not have the intended effect. TIA

Is Acrobat Reader your viewer? If so, you should be able to fill in Edit | Preferences | File formats | PDF | Viewer with just 'acrord32' and click Modify, then do the same for PDF (dvipdfm) and PDF (pdflatex). If, for some reason, that doesn't work, then try typing in the full path surrounded by double quotes, e.g.

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

-- Paul

Hi Paul

Many thanks indeed for that quick response. I had already tried just putting in
AcroRd32.exe which I think is on the Path. However, could not seem to get
it to work as it wanted to look in C for it.

However, putting quotes on either side of the FSP did the trick. Interestingly this sort of change does not require reconfiguring.

Do you think this is something obvious for most people - other than yours truly - or should we have it in the section on the wiki
that deals with installing this version of LyxWin?

samar