I want to copy a table -- as a table -- from one document to another, but
my attempts so far have failed.

  I've opened the table in the source document, highlighted the entire table,
used ctrl-c to copy it to the clipboard, switched focus to the destination
document, and used the Edit->External paste feature. I get a solid paragraph,
not a table, with this approach. I've also tried to copy the grey "table"
from the source to the destination, but get the same non-table results with
this.

  I've also searched on the TeXnik.de and wiki pages without seeing an
answer.

  Is there a way to copy the table from one document to another?

TIA,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"