On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, samar wrote:

You first need to create  a blank table with the same number of columns and
rows as the original in your destination document. Ideally the same
structure

Copy the source into the destination but make sure you have the cursor in the top left hand cell.

Sometimes, just sometimes, doing this copies the whole table as it is, ignoring your blank table.

samar,

  Thanks. I was going to create the table outline then copy each cell
individually.

  What I actually did was open the source .lyx file in one virtual console,
block the whole table, and save that to a separate text file. Then I opened
the destination .lyx file and imported the code at the right place.

  Unfortunately, the destination document is a beamer-class presentation and
the table is far too large to fit on a single slide. Sigh. I'll have to trim
cells off and see what I can get to compile and display.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"