John Coppens wrote:
>> | I'd also like to see more focus (especially) on GTK+.
>>
>> The only way to make that happen is to get someone to do it, or do
>> it yourself. There is not really much developer attention on gtk.
>
> I subscribed to this list to get LyX info for Linux, not Windoze.
> Lately, way too much of this list has been dedicated to the latter.

Frankly, I don't think that's true. Looking back over the mail list
archive as far as 22 Oct, I see the list of messages below. (Sorted
alphabetically.) Most all of 'em are probelms that aren't specific to
Windows, even if there's a Windows in the title.

> Why not split the list and have m$-related discussions separately?

Because we are all one big LyX community :)

> I'd have a go at the GTK+ version, in which I am also interested,
> but I'll surely need a hand, as I am not an ace programmer. Can
> someone indicate what has to be done?

I think that the definitive answer can best be provided by John Spray
(jcs116 AT york DOT ac DOT uk). Off the top of my head, there are
still a bunch of dialogs that needed to be written and the main
screen is very fragile in the presence of accented letters.

Regards,
Angus

Algorithm [7]
Beamer Compile Error
Can't see my layout environments [3]
Changing the parameters of "minipage"
Chapter with numbering but without word "chapter" - more quest [2]
Chapter* titel problem
Choice of fonts in LaTeX [3]
Creating DocBook stuff using LyX [2]
Custom layout and psmatrix from pstricks, 1.4.0pre2 [4]
Custom titlepage [5]
DPI [4]
Emacs keybindings on Windows? [2]
Faulty Latex generated by LyX ? [4]
Figure and table side by side [6]
Finding the Reason xdvi Output Disappeared [7]
Forcing LyX to retypeset included files? [4]
Forget Windows [15]
Grammar [3]
Grammar check? [3]
Graphics: jpicedt [2]
Help on article(IEEEtran) document class
Horizontal Rule [4]
How to put a box around an equation: is there a bug in Lyx? [3]
How to set latex path on windows? [2]
Installing a layout [2]
Is this possible in lyx? [8]
Is this possible with lyx? [8]
Left \cases [5]
Less spacing in figure captions [4]
LyX and xypic [5]
LyX displaying problem. [2]
Lyx Figure Placement [4]
Lyx on Windows and layout error [3]
MLA style for lyx [2]
Making a LyX environment with arguments [2]
Missing def'n for \implies causes latex problem... [3]
Missing latex classes are causing bugs
Modifying the koma-letter2 lyx template [3]
Need some trouble shootingideas [2]
Newbie question: newline before \and in author environment [5]
No line break after paragraph heading [5]
Pagination problem [5]
Please confirm your message [2]
Preamble code from the layout file gets "double linespacing" [2]
Putting Other Stuff On The Title Page
Some gohst haunting my Lyx
Some wishes [2]
Suggestion
Symbols for a figure key - adding a new font [15]
TeXLive 2005, LyX and Windows xp [8]
Unwanted new paragraph after change to embedded math [2]
Upcoming LyX versions [2]
Updating dvi [6]
User-defined macros outside of math mode [2]
Using Curly Brackets in Text [3]
Using lyx and multibib [3]
Where can I see what lyx is doing in the background when [5]
Windows Lyx-1.3.6: Font problems in headings [4]
[announce] beta release of new LyXWin installer
\columnsep with multicol [3]
\usepackage[dvips]{geometry}: How? [3]
accented words in lyx 1.3.6 and suse 9.3 [4]
add index with its page number to table of contents [3]
all footnotes at end of book [3]
centre a graphic [3]
converter for pdf [3]
data sources [7]
do we have something like #ifdef from C in LyX? [7]
figures blank in pdf in lyx1.3.6 + OSX
itemize/enumerate in theorem environment possible in LyX ? [2]
lyx keyboard shortcuts [3]
lyx-1.4 cvs assertion crash when resetting "wrong" language
lyx-gtk compilation error [4]
mtabular environment in LyX [6]
multiinclude with beamer [3]
period after author in reference list [5]
reference
textclass.lst [6]
unusual contents found?!?!
updating postscript file, but not eepic picture [3]
using natbib with sort&compress [4]
where did my citations go? [2]