Tysdag 8. november 2005 15:57 skreiv Lars Gullik Bjønnes:
> Gour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> | Yes, there is code-share, but every individial port (win32, gtk) takes
> | away the energy & time of devs, and that's why I'd prefer to e.g. have
> | gtk port which could (if) cover Win32, Linux-like OS-es & MaC OS in one
> | stroke.
>
> Note that code share is in the very high 90's %. It is packaging that
> takes time, and you won't get that from just using a multi-platform
> lib. (qt-linux, qt-mac, qt-win)

As a translator I have to say that the number of toolkits increase the amount
of work for the translators as well. Different toolsets have different ways
to specify shortcuts and each have to be translated manually.

So as a translator I would like to have only one toolset to work with, and if
I could have chosen I would loved a kde-frontend. There is so many things we
could have gotten for free if we would made the plunge to kde instead of qt.
(on the fly spell check, kio-slaves to name two from the top of my head). And
offcourse as kde4 is going to be ported to win32 and osx it could be used on
those architectures as well. ;) (packing work still remains, though)

However, I can see why it is not going to happen as it would mean ripping out
parts of lyx`s tookit independent parts and replacing them with kdelibs. So I
am happy with the status quo.

Ingar