On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:24:39 +0100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Angus, then try to install LyX without an installed TeX system and
> > try to run LyX ... ;-)
>

> being able to run lyx without latex is IMHO a good and useful thing!

I don't want to get too involved in the debate, but I also find being able to
install lyx on a computer that does not have TeX is a good option.  On my
Zaurus, there is not only not enough room for TeX, there is no direct printer
access, so just being able to edit documents, then move them to another
computer to print, is fine.  IMO there should be the option of using LyX
without TeX.

--

David L. Johnson

   __o   | Enron's slogan: Respect, Communication, Integrity, and
 _`\(,_  | Excellence.