On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Helge Hafting wrote:

Evereybody except me get sub-second startup times?
That is good, lyx is probably ok with me making a mistake then.
It'd sure be interesting if anyone have an idea what I do wrong.

Helge,

  If I've not invoked LyX before, then it takes about 1-2 seconds to come up
on my Slackware-10.2 box (AMD Athlon XP/2200+. 1G RAM, 5400 rpm hard drive).
Once it's been opened, re-invoking it brings it up in less than a second.
Something must be cached somewhere.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"