On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Kevin Pfeiffer wrote:

Kevin Pfeiffer writes:
Look at "\framebox" and the picture env. for more info.

The attached LyX file is my meagre attempt to offer a better example.

Kevin,

  Thanks for your efforts. If you look at the .tex file I attached to my post
you'll see that there are 286 little boxes (3mm wide x 2.54mm high). That's a
lot of \picture{} environments to design and place. :-)

  By manipulating \hspace{} and \framebox{} in the nested \multido{} I'm
getting closer to what's needed. The spacing is still too wide, and the last
row is not spaced the same as the previous rows. I've no idea why right now.

  Unfortunately, when Optical Mark Recognition scanners are designed they
have very tight tolerances for size and placement of the marks they'll be
able to process. I know that LaTeX has the ability to put the boxes on the
page in the right places, the trick is for me to learn how to do it. For
example a negative \vspace{} closes up lines rather than raising the
\framebox a bit above the baseline. That's not helpful.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"