Stephen Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> SH: Ok, I will give it another try. I did notice an apparent
> discrepancy in the instuctions from the LyXonCygwin page:

> In this howto all examples are shown for tcsh, but it is
> trivial to change them for bash. Mainly, it is simply a
> matter of substituting "export XXX=YYY" in place of
> "setenv XXX YYY" (or simply use tcsh instead of bash).

> If your Qt source tree is not in /usr/local/src/qt3, you
> should now modify as appropriate the following line
>
> export QTDIR=/usr/local/src/qt3
> at the very start of the following sh scripts:
> config.tests/unix/endian.test
> config.tests/unix/ipv6.test
> config.tests/unix/largefile.test
> config.tests/unix/ptrsize.test
> config.tests/unix/stl.test
>
> SH: It appears to me that "export QTDIR=/usr/local/src/qt3"
> is written in bash syntax rather than "all" tcsh syntax?

Yes, that's correct. Indeed, those scripts are Bourne shell scripts.
I use tcsh for interactive working, but sh (or bash) is better for
scripting. So, what you should enter on the command line is in
tcsh syntax, whereas the scripts are in sh syntax.

> I did try the tcsh shell and I liked how it displayed the
> contents (directory vs. file).
>
> I have a Mingw directory of Qt3 from LyX140-pre3 already
> but I will follow the instructions on the webpage as a
> proof of concept (hope). I'm (un?)fortunately perfectionistic.

I think that you are right. I myself followed those instructions
and downloaded again from scratch the Qt sources, thus finding the
problem of the not populated include dir. Had you used your existing
Qt3 directory you would have had no problems ;-)

Please, download again the qt3-cygwin.patch file as I updated it.
Applying that patch you will find the link_includes script in the bin
directory. This is the script that should be run before the configure
command to populate the include dir.

You should also revert the previous patch. I think that it can be done
using the -R switch to the patch command, but perhaps it is better if
you simply delete all patched files and then do a "cvs update" to have
them freshly restored.

Also, pay attention to the updated instructions on the wiki as I
added a switch to the tar command used to copy the includes such that
it dereferences the symlinks created by link_includes.

--
Enrico