----- Original Message ----- From: "Enrico Forestieri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: LyX on Cygwin

Stephen Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

SH: Ok, I will give it another try. I did notice an apparent
discrepancy in the instuctions from the LyXonCygwin page:

I have a Mingw directory of Qt3 from LyX140-pre3 already
but I will follow the instructions on the webpage as a
proof of concept (hope). I'm (un?)fortunately perfectionistic.

I think that you are right. I myself followed those instructions
and downloaded again from scratch the Qt sources, thus finding the
problem of the not populated include dir. Had you used your existing
Qt3 directory you would have had no problems ;-)

Please, download again the qt3-cygwin.patch file as I updated it.
Applying that patch you will find the link_includes script in the bin
directory. This is the script that should be run before the configure
command to populate the include dir.

SH: I removed the entire qt3 directory and started over.

You should also revert the previous patch. I think that it can be done
using the -R switch to the patch command, but perhaps it is better if
you simply delete all patched files and then do a "cvs update" to have
them freshly restored.

SH: I downloaded the patch and it apparently worked.

Also, pay attention to the updated instructions on the wiki as I
added a switch to the tar command used to copy the includes such that
it dereferences the symlinks created by link_includes.

--
Enrico

SH: The qt3 install got further this time but failed with this error:

-DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS
-I/usr/local/src/qt3/mkspecs/cygwin-g++-win32
-DAVE_QCONFIG_CPP /usr/local/src/qt3/src/tools/qglobal.cpp
In file included from /usr/local/src/qt3/src/tools/qglobal.cpp:38:
/usr/local/src/qt3/mkspecs/cygwin-g++-win32/qplatformdefs.h:67:20: resolv.h:
No such file or directory
make: *** [qglobal.o] Error 1

SH: I have been using X-Win32 as my X server. In order to make
our systems closer, I downloaded most of the X11 files and headers.

But I seem to remember something about xforms. Are they still needed
even though the build is with qt3? I searched Cygwin and there were
no hits for xforms. Is this required and how about xpm?
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/xforms/xforms-1.0.90.tar.gz

I may try this again with my old qt3 directory as the QTsrcdir.

Regards,
Stephen