-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: lyx doc errors, problems running as non-admin on Windows etc.

Network (from the LyXWinInstaller page)
  Designed for experienced users who want to use LyX together
with a LaTeX-distribution from a network drive or a live-CD/DVD
or who want to use LyX without LaTeX. It therefore doesn't
contain MiKTeX. The "network" installer asks you for a path
to the file "latex.exe" that should be used together with LyX.
This also gives you the possibility to have more than one
LaTeX-distribution installed and to choose which one should
be used with LyX.

SH: I've read Paul Rubin's post after sending my last email
to you. He is quite expert. Perhaps, as he suggests, only
the Miktex installation isn't finished or fully complete.

During LyX installation, your Latex distro, usually Miktex
with latex.exe is requested. If it is not automatically
detected, then one has to "browse to" the location where
latex.exe exists, either on your personal workspace or on
one of the network drives. That location will/ahould also
contain the *required* classfiles which Miktex and Lyx use.

Regards,
Stephen