On Wed, May 24, 2006, Jan Peters wrote:

> 2) Why is it still a less pleasant experience to edit an equation in
> LyX than in either MathType (oh horror) or Scientific Workplace?

I think this must depend either on what you are most familiar with, or on what
you expect.  For me, creating and editing equations in LyX is more pleasant
than doing the same with MathType.  (As with other users, I tend to mostly use
keyboard shortcuts, relying on the math panel only for uncommon things that I
don't remember.)  At least for me, MathType seems to require more use of the
mouse, and more manual "tweaking" to get things to look right.

I have a wide screen, so I like having the math panel off to the side, rather
than in a toolbar at the top.  But that might not be optimal for others.

....dave case