On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Steve Litt wrote:

Why can't the original author label his or her contribution as "Licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 2", or similar.

This is fine by me. In fact, I think a lot of the uploaded files contain
copyright and license information.

Others might like the BSD license, or the Mozilla license, or whatever -- wouldn't it be their option rather than that of the Wiki?

I guess this is up to us. In theory, I guess we could require that only material released under a specific license is allowed to be uploaded to the wiki. Or contributed as text to wiki pages. Personally I don't have a strong opinon on this topic - probably because I haven't really considered it before.

I do however believe that the overall purpose of the wiki is to provide a forum for LyX users to help each other by sharing information in various forms.

/Christian