Reinhard Mayr aka Czerwinski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I work with LyX 1.4.1 on OpenSuSE 10.1. And I use inkscape 0.43-20 to
> create some sketches.
>
> As it was some days ago discussed on the list, I created a conversion
> definition SVG->EPS defined as "inkscape -E $$o $$i" as wells as one for
> SVG->EPS as "inkscape -e $$o $$i".

I guess you mean SVG->PNG as "inkscape -e $$o $$i"?

> In principal this works find, but with some files (I haven't found out the
> system, yet) an entire page (with the drawing placed like in inkscape) is
> displayed in LyX -- but LyX should only display the drawing and not the
> page.
>
> DVI and PDF output are fine -- it' s just about the representation in LyX.
>
> Can anybody tell me why this is and what I can do to see the drawing only?

Probably you encountered a bug in the png export of inkscape. Does it work
if you delete the SVG->PNG converter? In that case LyX will convert to EPS
and then use the EPS->PNG converter (convert from imagemagick if you did
not define your own) for display. If that does not work, send an example
SVG file.

Georg