On Friday 14 July 2006 17:57, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am preparing pkgsrc packages (for NetBSD, DragonFly and other operating
> systems).

  I do the same for Fedora, although I am not the person packaging LyX. Rex
does a far better work than I would do. :-)

> What can I do to pregenerate this at installation time? (Especially since
> that share/lyx/doc may be a read-only location on the package
> destination.)

  This is done at installation time, or else the script would need several
privileges.

  Reading the rpm spec file I see there this bit:

%post
cd %{_datadir}/lyx && ./configure  > /dev/null 2>&1 ||:

  If you read share/lyx/configure you will see that this is the script
responsible for generating LaTeXConfig.lyx from LaTeXConfig.lyx.in

  So like in the rpm case you can do it at installation time. FWIW it is the
original purpose of the script.
--
José Abílio