Georg Baum wrote:
Am Sonntag, 16. Juli 2006 12:16 schrieb Sven Schreiber:
No. I upgraded to 1.4.2 with the smaller installer (uninstalled 1.4.1
first) w/o any problems so far. During the installation I was prompted
to have some latex/miktex stuff automatically installed, and that also
seems to have worked. In case that matters: I installed with admin
rights, and I have a full python on the system.

Sven, do the *.lst files get regenerated if you do Tools->TeX information->rescan?

David, did you install with admin rights? If not, does it work if you do? Do you have a full python?

Georg

No, Tex Information does not work. The Rescan button does not work right. I have to run "python TeXFiles.py" in order to generate a
the .lst files. Rescan does not work at this point. After you copy
the .lst files to ~Resources, then Rescan registers the files in
the Resources directory, nearly instantaneously. Rescan does not
search the texmf directory. I've tested this twice.

Python acting on TexFiles.py works right, but the Rescan button
doesn't invoke "python texfiles.py" it only reads from Resources.

I'm not sure that asking if you have a full Python installed is
relevant. I do, and it is in the Path and works with earlier versions.
But the installer (small 9mb) still installs Python into my LyX/lyx14
sub-directory and Msys shell tools too. The installer doesn't check
to see if you already have Python and Msys intalled, it just installs
it again. The reason I questioned the relevance is that I thought
LyX ran executables from its own installation directory first, so
that the Python used was the LyX-owned Python, not the full version.

In any event, whatever python is being used, it correctly runs
"python texfiles.py" but that action is not connected to Rescan.
Rescan *only* reads the .lst files *after* they have been created,
from the Resource directory (not even from /scripts where they arise).

I've also noticed the Latex->Html converter is no longer listed
under Preferences/converters; it used to show htlatex. Nor does
it detect hevea.exe even with htlatex disabled. I know this is
a different kettle of fish, but I though it might point to the
configure.py or some .py script not working. But if htlatex is
present, then configure.py finds it (yes) and I see it appear
in lyxrc.defaults also for what it's worth. I enclose a before
picture of Tex Information. After doctoring it, it looks normal.
What the two situations have in common is that the python scripts
seem to work, but their outputs do not later appear as expected.
Other aspects of the installation seem to work quite well.

Regards,
Stephen

PNG image