Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Georg Baum wrote:
Sven, do the *.lst files get regenerated if you do Tools->TeX information->rescan?

Georg,

I'm not Sven :-) but I installed 1.4.2 (Joost's installer) and (a) it found all the LaTeX stuff during the initial installation and (b) the .lst files do get regenerated with a rescan. Note that I had the .lst files left over from 1.4.1, but based on the file dates it appears that 1.4.2's installer rewrote them.

/Paul

If Lyx is open, Tex Information displays properly since I've fixed it.

I navigated to Resources and C:>\~\Resources ren *.lst *.bak

If LyX is still open you can display Tex Information again.

But, if you close LyX and re-open after renaming the *lst to *.bak
Tex Information does not display. Nor does Rescan rebuild the *.lst
so that Tex Information displays properly.

In my case Rescan only reads the .lst files if they are present.
I think that is why it worked for you, because you retained them.
Rescan is supposed to take several seconds because it searches \texmf.

After seeing that Rescan still doesn't work, I renamed the
*.bak to *.lst, and clicked on Rescan which then worked with the
*.lst files once again available to be read in Resources. But
Rescan itself still doesn't work, it should take several seconds
to produce a result as it searches texmf, not return almost at
once which it did after I moved the .lst files from ~\sripts
to Resources, or renamed the .lst files already in Resources.

I think one way to test the Rescan is actually working to
rename the .lst files temporarily. Then open LyX and see if
Tex Information appears. If it doesn't, try Rescan, which is
supposed to build Tex Information again. I don't think it will.

Regards,
Stephen