Bo Peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 8/2/06, Eric Inazaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Does lyx choke (i.e. fail to start) when it's installed in
> > "C:\Program Files" directory?  This is with lyx 1.4.2 and
> > Windows 2000, by the way.  This happened to me on my first
> > installation attempt.  I tried reinstalling to "C:\" and that
> > works okay.  Looking through some of these older messages, it
> > seems that some folks don't have a problem installing to
> > "Program Files". If that's true, then what gives?
>
> Due to the anti-space nature of latex, it is safer to install lyx
> under a path without space. However, the developers have tried their
> best to let lyx works as *usual* (?) under windows. As a result, lyx
> 1.4.2 should work under c:\program files. If lyx can not start under
> your machines, it should be investigated.
>
> So, what exactly happened when you start lyx when it is installed
> under c:\program files?
>
> Bo

I launch lyx from the Start/Program menu, a command window appears then
disappears a split second later and that's it.  No alert dialog, no
nothing.

As far a I'm concerned, lyx doesn't _have to_ be installed in "program files".
Installing it in "c:\" is okay.  Would've been nice to have had a heads-up is
all.

It's starting to sound like I might have done something screwy.  Bet if I
tried again from scratch I won't see this problem.

eric