On 8/4/06, Jean-Pierre Chretien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>To illustrate what I said, I am sending a small svg picture with a
>>math formula produced with LaTeX.

Thank you for this example.
To illustrate the difference in handling between Xfig and Inkscape, here is a
beamer
slide with both formulas:
 SVG integral is Paul's saved as eps
 Xfig integral is an external inset of the formula in a rectangle.
As you may see, the beamer fonts are respected in the xfig inset.

If I add in preamble mathserif option to the beamer document class,
I get the second result.

The inferior quality of my example as it appears on your beamer
presentation is because you took the screenshot of the kpdf output.
You will not notice any difference if you use acroread. (A screenshot
is attached.)

Paul