>>Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:59:30 +0100
>>From: "Paul Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: Flow Chart Drawing For LaTeX/LyX

>>The inferior quality of my example as it appears on your beamer
>>presentation is because you took the screenshot of the kpdf output.
>>You will not notice any difference if you use acroread. (A screenshot
>>is attached.)

My point was not about quality od the output, but about adaptation do document
fonts.

However, what I did was to export tp eps (to get a vector graphics eps)
and then to run pdflatex on the lyx file (which in turn runs epstopdf of the
vector graphics
eps to get a vector graphic pdf).
Direct export from svg to pdf does nor crop the figure,
otherwise I would have tried direct export to pdf.

Looking closer to the eps file, it is a set of GS command to draw the formula:
no fonts
in it, nor of course in the converted pdf file:
-> pdffonts integral.pdf
name                                 type         emb sub uni object ID

Thus it seems that Inkscape draws the formula in vector graphics.

I use Inkscape 0.43 (Nov 30 2005)
Maybe a more recent versioon does a better job with eps and pdf exports ?

--
Jean-Pierre