Russell Davie wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just compiled LyX to suit Ubuntu/Dapper and have found some things that
> configure.py has missed
>
> 1) It can't find oolatex although its installed as per Synaptic.
>
> from configure:
>
> checking for a LaTeX -> OpenOffice.org converter...
> +checking for "oolatex"...   no
> +checking for "oolatex.sh"...   no
>
> how can this be fixed?

Find out where oolatex or oolatex.sh is installed and tell us the path.
Obviously it is not in /usr/bin.

> 2) Also "w2l" is missed even though its in my path
>
> checking for an OpenOffice.org -> LaTeX converter...
> +checking for "w2l"...   no
>
> a locate finds this here:
> /home/rd/bin/w2l
> /home/rd/usr/share/latex/conversion/writer2latex04/w2l
>
> how can this be fixed?

Does your PATH variable contain /home/rd/bin/? If yes, it should be found.

> 3) How can LyX be made to use latex2rtf to convert to rtf?

Go to tools-Preferences and add a new format rtf and a converter latex->rtf.
This is described in the extended manual IIRC. Or put this into your
~/.lyx/preferences:

\format rtf rtf "Rich Text Format" "" "" ""
\converter latex rtf "latex2rtf -o $$o $$i" ""

You might need to tweak the commandline flags. And I am wondering why we
don't serach for latex2rtf by default. Please tell if some flags are
needed, we can then add this converter to LyX.

Georg