On Oct 31, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Bob Lounsbury wrote:

Like I said before, dvi viewing isn't working for me under LyX. Although I think the reason is that there is no standard dvi viewer under OS X (like there is for Windows with Yap and Linux with xdvik (although X11 is very integrated in linux)). So, via fink, I have xdvi installed.....but this is an X11 program and I have LyX installed under Qt which I didn't think that those two systems could necessary communicate with one another (but I really have no idea because I don't understand how they work, I just use them).

xdvi works no problem for me. You should put the following in the "Viewer" field for the DVI file format (LyX > Preferences > File Formats):

open -a X11.app; export DISPLAY=:0.0; xdvi

Bennett