Jens Noeckel wrote:

On Dec 11, 2006, at 1:13 PM, Stefano Franchi wrote:

I would like to revert the minibuffer behavior of my 1.4.x LyX installation to the behavior I had under 1.3.x. That is:

1. No minibuffer is shown as default
2. M-x opens the minibuffer for input (and gains focus too)
3. at the end of minibuffer editing, the minibuffer itself is closed.

I cannot replicate step 3: the mini-buffer, once opened remains opened. Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Stefano

I'd like to second this request. There should be a way to get rid of the minibuffer after invoking it. I have the line
"minibuffer" "off,bottom"
in my user interface file "default.ui". When I invoke the command line with the key for "command-execute", it appears at the bottom, but I don't know a way to hide it again. It seems logical to me that if the default is "off", then LyX should return to that state after executing a command from the minibuffer.

Jens

You can get rid of the minibuffer by right clicking in an empty space on the toolbar and unchecking it. That said, I'd like to see M-x toggle the minibuffer (open it if closed, close it if open). Having to click (twice) to get rid of it is a bit awkward, not to mention less than widely publicized.

I'm not sure I second the notion of automatically closing the minibuffer after each command; it's conceivable someone might want to type in a sequence of commands (for instance, define several math macros in a single orgy of typing).

/Paul