I am using  LYX 1.3.5 to write a novel Running on Suse Linux 9.3
I have finally setteld to use Doc Class Memoir because it gives me least
problems regarding my preferences

All the Book classes available on my version of LYX have a common shortcoming
LOOK at any Book you buy or get from the Library and you will see that chapter
one starts on the right hand page . The page is therefore bound on its left
edge
Similarly if I do some document for my office or for a sales proposal we put
it into a presentation folder with the binding on the left.

In the Book class in LYX odd pages  eg number one are always with the Binding
space on the right side of the page .This convention is very troublesome

Please Please could someone to solve this problem
It would be easiest for me to enter some code in LAYOUT > DOCUMENT>PREAMBLE
but I have read the manual plenty and just cannot work out whet to do there
I do not want to Try to Learn LATEX ,With above problem fixed LYX can do 99%
of my needs
If I could get left side Binding on page one I can work around the second
problem
The second problem is that LYX will only start a Chapter on odd number pages
and this results in Lyx inserting blank pages
Blank pages are thus even number and so always take up position on the left
side of an open book .
I would be better served if
A) no convention about chapters starting on  odd or even pages
        OR
B)LYX started chapters on even pages if it had to have a convention about this
        OR
C) If I had some code I could enter in the document to change the Chapter
start convention on the fly

The simplest would be if I could enter code so that all odd number pages are
set to have binding space on the left instead of right I can then work around
all other problems

Llewelyn Lee