Hi,

I have been using the previous version of LyX (1.3.6) up until recently when
LyX 1.4.4 was installed.  I am running into some issues that I did not have
before when getting a PDF (or any other type of file) from the source.  The
document is made up of a master document and chapter documents included in
the master.  I have been using particular layouts that meet my thesis
requirements.

The problem is that the resulting PDF does not perform page breaks properly.
The pages continue to be written all the way to the bottom and some text is
lost.  I have tried to adjust the document settings margins (the bottom
field) to no effect.  When I adjust the size of the page it only prints the
complete pages to PDF when I make the height of the page 350 mm which is not
solution to my problem.

If anyone has run into the same problem or has any ideas on how it can be
resolved, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Maggie