Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Yu, James wrote:
I understand that in Windows environment the citation push function from JabRef to LyX doesn't work, due to some OS-level implementation problem. But, is there any way to get around this limit, like using a helper program, or ...? Has anybody found a way to achieve that?

Any solution for this would be helpful to people who are forced to stick with Windows environment.

What interface does Jabref use? Pipe or Socket?
What I understand about this is that JabRef simply writes out the citation entry to a file named "lyxpipe.in". The code segment is like:

      final File lyxpipe = new File( Globals.prefs.get("lyxpipe") +".in");
      try {
          FileWriter fw = new FileWriter(lyxpipe);
          BufferedWriter lyx_out = new BufferedWriter(fw);
          String citeStr = "";
          citeStr = "LYXCMD:sampleclient:citation-insert:" + keyString;
          lyx_out.write(citeStr + "\n");
          lyx_out.close();
      } catch (IOException excep) {
          couldNotWrite = true;
          return;
      }

My question is: How LyX goes the receiving? Any code segment example?

The solution is "just" to replace our handmade socket (or pipe) layer with a portable one.

It should not be very hard to implement even for a newcomer in the LyX project. If someone's interested, come&see us at the devel list :-)

Another solution for you James is to use Enrico's mixed windows/cygwin version. Could you confirm that it works Enrico?

Abdel.

If I was not wrong, it did not work in cygwin!

James